This is a perfectly refreshing salad to break up the "is it winter? is it spring? is it summer?" feeling we have been having the last few weeks. I almost always have these ingredients in my kitchen, so it just made sense to throw them together. It's a perfect salad to pair with almost any meal and is a little more fancy than just a pile of romaine.
Apple, Cabbage, and Kale Salad
- 1 apple
- 1/4 of red cabbage
- 3-4 stalks of kale
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- A pinch of sea salt
- Peel and core apple, and slice in to matchsticks. I used a mandolin to get this thin cut.
- Slice the red cabbage very thinly. Again, I used my madnolin for a nice uniform thin slice
- De-steam kale and discard stems. Chop up leaves and add to bowl. Mix apple, cabbage and kale until well combine.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt and stir until well integrated.
- You can enjoy this right away, but I will say it gets better as it sits. If you can, make it a few hours or even a day ahead, and it will be even yummier.