Sometimes I wing it and come up with a fun, easy recipe, this was luckily one of those times. This entire meal, from prep to table, will take 30 minutes and one pan (SCORE!). It is also Emily approved, meaning your kids should love it. Well, that is if they are as great an eater as my almost 10 month old. Regardless, this yummy, and totally AIP recipe, has the light fluffy creaminess you would get in a normal risotto. You won't even notice the difference. Ok maybe, but to me, it tasted exactly like it's SAD counterpart.
Shrimp and Mushroom Risotto
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup of onion, diced
- 8 oz of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon bone broth, divided
- 4 tablespoons of coconut cream, divided
- 1 packaged of Trader Joe's Frozen Organic Riced Cauliflower (approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower)
- 1 lb of shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 tablespoon cassava flour
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- When pan is hot, add extra virgin olive oil and let oil warm up for a minute.
- Add onions to frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they become translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the have slightly softened. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of bone broth and 2 tablespoons of coconut cream and bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower rice, cover, and allow it simmer for 5 mins. Don't worry if the is still in frozen clumps, it will break up on its own.
- Stir in shrimp to fully combine. Cover again and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of coconut cream, 1 tablespoon of bone broth, and 1 tablespoon of cassava flour.
- Stir in coconut cream mix into in cauliflower rice, mushroom, and shrimp saute and allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes on medium heat, or until sauce begins to thicken.